PicasaPicasaPicasaPicasaPicasaPicasa

Saturday 22 June 2013

OPI SoftShades 2013 - Oz The Great And Powerful Collection


Here is O.P.I's annual SoftShades collection for 2013. It is inspired by the Disney movie, Oz The Great And Powerful and features 3 sheer neutrals, 3 glitters and 1 new Liquid Sand polish.

I've got the mini set which contains: Don't Burst My Bubble (milky creme), Glints of Glinda (milky creme), I Theodora You (milky creme) and What Wizardry is This? (new Liquid Sand).

All swatches are without topcoat.
Don't Burst My Bubble: An elegant pale pinky white polish. It's a very wearable colour that gives off a simple, elegant look. A nice clean look.
This is 4 coats, which is where I felt it was opaque enough, but I noticed 2 coats was good for just a sheer wash of colour. The first coat was a bit patchy but the second leveled it out. The formula was a tad thicker, but still easy to work with. Dry time was average, especially for that amount of coats and it dried to a high gloss finish.

Glints of Glinda: A soft neutral colour verging on tan/sandy toned. Again, like Don't Burst My Bubble, it is a very wearable colour and has a simple clean look about it.
I did 4 coats here but could probably have gotten away with just 3. Again, I noticed 2 coats was good for just a sheer wash of colour. Formula wise, it was pretty much the same as Don't Burst My Bubble. The first coat was a bit patchy but the second leveled it out. The formula was a tad thick, but still easy to work with. Dry time was average, especially for that amount of coats and it dried to a high gloss finish.

I Theodora You: A sweet baby pink polish that is elegant at the same time. Great if you want a subtle hint of pink but not full on candy coloured nails.
This one had the best formula of the 3 cremes, it was practically faultless. I did three thin coats but again, two would have been fine for a subtle wash of colour. The first coat was slightly patchy but hardly noticeable at all. Dried to a lovely high gloss finish.

What Wizardry is This?: A taupe brown shade with fine gold shimmer running through it. Features a dark olive base with flecks of gold bronze and brown. It reminds me of tarnished/antiqued gold, but truthfully I'm not too sure about the colour.
The formula was pretty good, not to thin and not too thick. At two coats I thought it was acceptable but I did three just to make it totally opaque. I'd say it requires at least 10 minutes drying time in between coats though because when I touched a nail after 5 minutes it smudged, so it definitely needs quite a long drying period. It dried to a VERY fine texture and actually a lot smoother than I was expecting. Also, it does take quite a while before it goes totally matte.
2 thickish coats of topcoat totally eliminates the texture and makes the gold shimmer really shine through. Removal was actually pretty easy, no severe scrubbing required!
Here's a quick shot of the polishes in this mini set:
Overall, I LOVE all three cremes in this collection! They are all totally wearable and just so beautiful! If I had to pick, my ultimate favourite would be Don't Burst My Bubble, because of the amazingly clean look it gives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...