PicasaPicasaPicasaPicasaPicasaPicasa

Saturday 17 August 2013

-Dressmaking Diaries- McCalls M6486 Girls Dress View A

 Hello and welcome to the first ever Dressmaking Diaries!

Those of you that know me will know that one of my favourite subjects was Textiles and that I love to sew! But since school/exams ended, I haven't actually done much sewing at all! So this is the first thing I've actually completed so far:
I made the McCalls M6486 Girls Dress, Size A, View A for my little cousins 4th birthday and I think she liked it :)
Front View
It is described as: "Lined, mid-knee length dress has bodice with princess seams, shoulder straps, pleated skirt, back zipper and tulle ruffle on lining." I followed the instructions pretty much exactly, except I did not include the tulle ruffle. Besides that it is made exactly as the instructions said. 

 


Back View
The fabric I used was a fuscia pink linen with a light pink cotton blend lining. I liked both fabrics in terms of ease of use and things but the linen was definitely much easier to work with than the cotton blend lining though! I also had to create a new zipper ending but that wasn't too difficult.
Overall, I'd say this was an easy pattern to follow and if I were to recreate the dress again, I don't think I would have any problems. Sweet and simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...